Monday 2 November 2009

Gone till November

I have had a great year! I ditched work after nine years and attempted to go back to Uni. I lasted a week! I won't mention the name of the ghetto university in which I enrolled, but I knew it just wasn't me. If I am going to pay ten thousand pounds for a degree that essentially I don't need- it has to be at a place more organised, cosmopolitan and prestious. I may as well learn from the best right? My friend said I'm a snob. I am not a snob. I am a poor working class gal who has become clear about what she wants out of life. But before I tell you what I want I have to think about my use of the word 'poor' and what I put out there into the Universe. Poor?...mmmmm. Scratch that. I am abundant in all ways, regardless of what I have thought in the past!
Ok. Now I can tell you what I want...

To write well,
run a successful business
and to reach at least grade 4 on the cello. That covers the basics.
You don't really want to know about the house and the husband and all the other stuff- that other stuff doesn't dominate my thoughts. My 3000 word autobiographical piece that I have to read out to my writing peers dominates my thoughts. If and when the damn cello teacher will turn up. That dominates my thoughts. And how I had better start advertising for another contract now that I am self employed- those are the things that dominate my thoughts. And I love it.

I didn't tell you that I am sure about the genre in which I will write did I? Memoir!! That's what I've been doing my whole life anyway, I just never labelled it before. I even have the title of the first book...
I love that genre of writing. I know it's where I'm strongest. I am shit at making up stories so straight fiction is out of the question- at least for now.This is where I choose to focus and develop.
Everything I have written that flows naturally comes from real events and as I read over my blog just now I'm pleased with my stuff. I like my voice. I actually like my voice!!
This year has shown me so much. I had no idea when I started this blog I'd be gone till November, but it has been a fab five months. As I have taken a leap into the unknown, braved it out and really began to honor my lovely little inner artist, I am becoming more confident about what I am capable of.
There's a book out there in the ether just waiting for me to write it!! And of course I will. But for now I am enjoying enjoying the process.


Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment