Friday 15 January 2010

14th January 1983

I found an old diary of mine!! Here's an entry from twenty seven years ago!!

Dear Diary,
It's been a long time since I've written in here. Not that the days have been boring, not at all. I just didn't find the time. Anyway, the week has been alright. On Thursday MM and the World Famous Supreme Team were on Top Of The Pops! It was the best song.
On Sunday church was alright. We went back extra early. I was sick in the van.
On Monday I went back to school. Denise has got the wet look and P**'s done something wierd to her hair. It looks wierd.
I haven't been waking up early tho. I have to try harder.
Oh yea, they're still on about the boots business. "Take em off when you get in school and all that jazz". We can't do anything in school.

Me and Debbie made up and are getting on just fine now.
Last night I went to Sister Jona's house as usual. Hardly anyone was there. We did a play and went home at 10pm. It was good. Byron's a really good actor.
Anyway, bye till tomorrow
M.Matthews
PS: Don't forget mum, John and Pete are still in Greneda. They've been for nearly two weeks but we're getting on alright. Dad is trying to cook.
PPS:It was Vikki's birthday yesterday and Penny's the day before. They got the bumps. It's mine on Sunday. Am glad I won't be in school.

2 comments:

  1. :-)this brings back memories!! I was transported back and smiling all the way through. You were evidently a writer "fram manin!" Very enjoyable and easy read. Jx

    ReplyDelete