Tuesday 11 December 2012

It has been well over a week since the initial excitement of the book. I recieved a couple more copies so was able to give one away and put one on the book shelf. That wave of excitement did come back to me, I have to say. When  I saw the spine of my book tucked there, neatly between I play the drums in a band called okay, by Toby Litt and Numerlogy, by Harish JohariNumerology makes me think of an old friend, Reggie. We used to have long conversations about life, spirituality, poetry. He bought a tiger's eye necklace from me once. When I said 'no' to a relationship with him he gave me such a harsh cursing. He was so mean.
The Toby Litt made me laugh loudly on public transport on several occasions. It was one of those books where I didn't know what to expect. I only read it because Toby Litt interviewed me once and gave me a copy. It was hilarious. I wish for wit and verbal panache when I read that book.
It was only the size, why I put it there. It's the next house that will have the library and the books shelved alphabetically- by genre.

Either way, I need to brace myself and prepare for the real work, or the next phase of work, which starts right here. However many books get sold, this fulfills me far more than waking up at seven every morning to go and live someone else's dream. So I will do whatever needs to be done.

The first thing my son's friend said when he looked and leafed through the pages was, "This book could change the world."  I loved that reaction. I smile every time I think about it.
Right now it's about launches and marketing and getting the word out there. Who knows if it could change the world. Numerolgy and I play the drums... changed my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment