Sunday 2 December 2012

Top Tips for Raising Today's Teens

It's done diary. The book is here! I waited a few days before I submitted a post as it would of been a complete gush!! The book came on Friday 30th November, a date that will be imprinted in my brain.
I had already begun my weekly trek across London, when my son sent me a WhatsApp message.
"It's here mum," he said. "I'm sorry I opened it, but I knew what it was!" And a picture of my first book! I jumped up and down in Charing Cross Station and if I could, I would have turned back and gone home so I could see it now. For myself.
Instead I bought a flower covered journal from Funky Pigeon and a few minutes later sat on the tube and wrote thanks to Mother Father Universe, Jesus, the Divine ones. My ancestors, my parents, my sons and everyone who contributed to the book's creation.
I had begun to feel my molecules changing from several days ago. When AuthorHouse first informed me the book was on Amazon I skipped and jumped between my sons: Both of them, taller than me  looking down on their excited mum.
"What does your mum do? (That's me)
 "Shes an Author." (My sons)  
"Where can you buy her book?" (Me again.)
"On Amazon!" And this chant went on for several minutes.
Of course there was more jumping and skipping when I got home on Friday. Me at the door of the kitchen swishing my hair and fooling around. The boys grinning and glancing at me between the cupboard, the fridge, the tap. Apart from them, this is one of the few projects that I have stuck with over a long period of time!  From the book's original conception to manifestation was a total of six years. -What I need to do is shift the time aspect of manifesting- where the good desires of my heart take six days, six hours- as oppose to two years, three years, six years. But it's here now. The first copy of my first book. In my hands.

Personal glee aside, I want parents to get a conversation from 'Top Tips' that will enhance the relationship they have with their teens.I want even one parent to read something that creates a conversation that stops their child going out that night and getting hurt, or in trouble.
I want a conversation to take place that will stop a child having sex before they are ready, because of  higher self esteem gained as a result of a conversation parents had with them because of what they read in this book.
I want a conversation to take place that will assure a teen that 'yes, my parents do love me,' and for that young person to go on to make wise and right choices. That is what I want for this book.
I love it and I hope it changes the lives of the people who read it.
Top Tips to Raising Today's Teens...Welcome into the world!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment