Friday 22 February 2013

The night before the Book Launch

It's almost 1am, and really I should be sleeping, but of course I can't.
The first launch of Top Tips for Raising Today's Teens is taking place tomorrow. How do I feel? Well, tired to be honest. I have spent the week feeling nervous, excited, scared and wanting to call the whole thing off!
I have done the promoting, the printing, the checking in with the host, the guest poet, friends and colleagues.  There is a box of books on the living room floor. There's leaflets, paperwork, paper saucers and plastic cups: Fruit juice and paraphanelia. It's all there. Ready to go.

Earlier I purchased a cardigan to match my skirt- so at least I won't be wearing black. I got my hair redone, have had a glass full of vegetable juice, have prayed, meditated and visualised. Am hoping a sleep from about 1.30 until 9 will be fine. I have instructed the boys not to stay up too late, as imagine the three of us turning up looking totally busted. Not good.

There is little more I can do except hope the gods are on my side. I love the book and although I haven't rehearsed what I'm going to say, I  am fine about that,  as all I need to do is be honest. It will be organic. :)

The ones who are meant to be there will be there. And the ones that aren't won't, it's that simple.There is nothing more that I can do right now. Except sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment