Wednesday 27 May 2009

Writing Flow

I got to thinking about flow and this writing malarkey. If I want to have flow in my writing there needs to be flow in my life. There has to be clarity. If it's a struggle something is missing. Life wasn't meant to be a struggle.
I can't say that I am struuugling per say. I have the usual ups and downs, nothing too dramatic. It's the energy I'm talking about. The flow.
How come writing is the only thing I have not stopped doing since I was a child? And I used to be so crap at sticking to stuff. I just realised. I have yearned to do this t'ing my whole darn life.
So why isn't it happening? In terms of my writing or my life? Why am I not a big roaring success when all I do is read, wanna write, write, read?
Choices. Life. Lack of focus. (deep sigh) Why lack of focus? All that STUFF that's in the way. Uncleared nonsense that hinders the flow and stunts the growth of good ideas.
So. In an effort to improve my writing I am going to sort my life out. Will spend the next few days with the duster and see if I then remember the colours, the taste of the words.
There are three, four, in fact five conversations I need to have (cor blimey) and there are three bits of personal debt that need to be cleared. All in the name of good writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment